Butternut Squash Soup
Be careful when cutting into the squash. It will be easier to cut if you first make a few large cuts through the skin and then microwave it for four minutes. Or you could avoid cutting the squash altogether if your local grocery store sells pre-cut fresh or frozen butternut squash.
Servings: 9 | Prep/cook time: 30 minutes
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 medium butternut squash,
peeled and cubed
4 cups vegetable broth
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup heavy whipping cream
1. In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, cook until tender, stirring frequently.
Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
2. Stir in squash, vegetable broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until squash is tender, approximately 10 minutes.
4. Cool slightly and puree soup in a blender. Return to pan and heavy whipping cream.
5. Cook until heated, stirring frequently.