Tomato Salad with Bacon and Tomato Dill Dressing
June 30, 2022
Perhaps the healthiest ingredient on your slice of pizza, tomatoes are a nutritious and delicious compliment to a variety of meals. From sauces to soups or subs to salads, it’s easy to find a tomato-containing recipe that the whole family will enjoy. We especially love this tomato salad recipe!
Servings: 8 | Prep/cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 large heirloom tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1½ tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp. Sherry vinegar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- ½ tsp. garlic, minced
- 3½ pounds, heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 5 slices turkey bacon, crisp
To make dressing, put 1 large red tomato, oil, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a blender; puree until fairly smooth (don’t blend to a complete purée). Pour vinaigrette into a small bowl; stir in dill and garlic.
- When ready to serve, cut big tomatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices; halve or quarter small tomatoes. Arrange tomatoes on a serving platter; drizzle with dressing. Crumble bacon over top; garnish with dill.