Classic, family-friendly eggplant recipes include eggplant parmesan, eggplant fries and baked eggplant topped with cheese and Italian seasonings –– which call for the eggplant to be cooked crispy. If your eggplant is turning out mushy, you may need to use less oil and higher heat.
Servings: 4 | Prep/cook time: 50 minutes
1 large eggplant
2 large egg whites
2 tbsp. tomato paste
2 tbsp. water
1 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
4 sprays cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Line baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
2. Trim and peel eggplant. Cut off thin sliver of the rounded sides so eggplant can sit flat (reserve for
another use). Cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices; cut each slice into 1/2-inch-thick sticks
and then slice each stick in half again (you should have 48 fries).
3. In shallow bowl, whisk together egg whites, tomato paste and water. In another shallow bowl,
combine breadcrumbs and cheese.
4. Dip each eggplant fry into egg white mixture and turn to coat; gently shake off excess.
Next, place in breadcrumb mixture and turn to coat; place on prepared pan and repeat with
remaining ingredients (make sure fries do not touch or overlap).
5. Coat fries with cooking spray and bake until brown and crunchy, about 25 minutes.
Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool for a few minutes.
*This recipe comes from WW. 3 PersonalPoints™ per serving